I love shopping. Being able to go somewhere like Hobbycraft and looking at all their cardmaking/scrapbooking supplies is heavenly. I can actually spend hours in there and boyfriend hates going there with me now. In fact, he just refuses lately.
People kept saying to me that if I liked Hobbycraft I’d love The Range. I’d never really heard of that place until a year or so ago much less lived near one. But then I heard one was opening in little old Milton Keynes!
I knew it was my duty therefore, to go visit on opening weekend and see what all the fuss was about.
I was not disappointed.
I actually need never go Hobbycraft again. I’ve had several issues with my local Hobbycraft that I won’t go into here but after two shopping trips to The Range, it’s clear I don’t need both and The Range definitely outshines Hobbycraft in almost every way:
– Very few gaps (which could just be honeymoon period, so I’ll keep an eye on that)
– Cheaper (I had a gift voucher for Hobbycraft to spend and went straight over afterwards to make some direct comparisons).
– Bigger range (not just breadth of cardmaking range in general but also ranges within ranges i.e. some of the Do Crafts ranges they had the full range of complementary products, not just the odd few bits like I find some places).
As much as I’d love to support smaller craft shops, there’s not that many within easy reach (I’m inbetween cars) where I live in Milton Keynes and so until I can get back to independents The Range it is!
– Mini wooden alphabet rubber stamps £1
– Papermania Glitterations sentiments £1
– Double pack of Papermania Spots and Stripes pastel 6×6 paper pack £4
– Kraft tags £1
– Lace ‘ribbon’ £1
Where do you do your craft shopping?